The Hibbing Fire Department in conjunction with Hibbing Professional Firefighters IAFF Local 173 and the Hibbing Firefighters Relief Association donate time, labor and materials to several community programs.
We are proud to be associated with the following organizations:
- Shield 616
- Giving Tree- Change the Range
- Lunch with Students- Greenhaven and Washington Schools
- Salvation Army- Holiday Bell Ringing
- Adopt a Highway
- Back to School Safety
- Habitat For Humanity
- Mock Crash - Hibbing High School
- Wes Lind AED Program
- Aluminum Can Drive- HHS Scholarship Fund
- Shop with a Cop/Firefighter
- National Night Out
- National Fire Safety Council
- Boy/Girl and Cub Scouts ofAmerica
- College for Kids
Community Outreach Provided by The Hibbing Fire Department
Fire Prevention Education
- Visit # area schools teaching fire safety to approximately 1,600 students annually.
- Educate senior citizens on cooking safety, fall prevention, scammer prevention, fire escape planning and other emergency planning.
- Partner with LVC Fire Protection Services LLC to train and educate adults and restaurant workers how to discharge a fire extinguisher correctly. This training also includes other kitchen fire hazards and how prevent and mitigate them.
- Rental and Apartment Fire prevention and safety programs.
- Teach the Teacher Fire Prevention Ed program. This helps keep consistent and accurate fire safety messages and NFPA approved Fire safety material.
- Produce videos pertaining to Fire safety/Prevention through our social media accounts (Facebook, TikTok & City Website)
To request Fire Prevention Education Fill out and submit a prevention education request form.
Fire Prevention & Life Safety
- Smoke alarm Installation Program
- Back to school "Slow Down Campaign"
- Building Inspections
- Provide CO Alarms upon requests