Request a Knox Box
The Purpose of a Key Box System
- To provide the Fire Department emergency access and building security.
- The Hibbing Fire Department has selected the Knox Box key locking system for use in accomplishment of these goals.
- The Knox system eliminates entry delays; therefore it minimizes internal damage to the structure
- The fire department is able to achieve maximum efficiency when responding to alarms.
- The potential for firefighter injury is reduced as well (no forced entry is required).
Buildings required to have a Knox Box System
- Commercial establishments with fire alarm or sprinkler systems
- Residential properties serving 3 or more units with a locked central hallway accessing the individual units
Cost vs Savings
The cost to the property owner for a Knox box should be compared with potential savings realized by:
- Eliminating forced entry damage
- Reducing the response time needed by the fire department to gain access into a structure during any time of day or night, holidays included.
- Eliminating need for authorized personnel (key runners) to deliver keys to the building site during an alarm response.
How it Works
In this program, the building owner/occupant orders the box from www.knoxbox.com to install on the building. This will secure the necessary key(s) for use by the fire department in an emergency.
- Go to Knox Rapid Access System's website.
- You will need to create a New Customer Account if you do not already have one.
- Once you are signed in, you will need to select Hibbing as your city for installation. This will bring up a list of approved boxes that you may purchase.
- After you checkout, an email will be sent to the Fire Department for your request of approval. The Fire Marshal will review the request and either approve or deny the purchase.
- Once the request is approved, the Knox Box you purchased will ship. You will recieve email confirmation of the approval and shipment.
- Once you receive your Knox Box, install it in an approved location (defined by the Fire Marshal).
- Once the box is installed, call the Fire Marshal to put the keys in and lock it up.